House Catches Fire in Aftermath of Sandy adminstush October 27, 2012 Suss As Jamaica continues to grapple with the after effects of Hurricane Sandy, a St. Andrew family’s house was severely damaged by fire after a generator being used to provide electricity exploded. The York Park Fire Station says it received a call at 7:08 last evening that a five bedroom house on Gardenia Avenue in Mona Heights was on fire. Assistant Superintendent Wilbert Murray says a unit was immediately dispatched from the Half Way Tree fire station followed by another from Rollington Town and a water tender from York Park. He says the crew was able to quickly put out the blaze but believes the occupants may have waited too late before calling the fire services. He says the fire destroyed the second floor of the two-story house, while the ground floor sustained water damage. The three occupants were not injured. The house was reportedly not insured. -from Jamaica Gleaner Leave a Reply Cancel ReplyYour email address will not be published.CommentName* Email* Website Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Notify me of new posts by email.